When it comes to dental work, many people are quick to jump on the opportunity for a good deal. And while dental tourism may seem like a great way to save money, there are a lot of risks that come with it.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the dangers of dental tourism and what you can do to find safe and affordable dental care.
What is Dental Tourism?
Dental tourism is when people travel to another country for dental work. The main reason people choose dental tourism is because it is often much cheaper than getting the same procedure done in Australia. For example, dental implants can cost upwards of $5,000-$10,000 in Australia from your local dentist or orthodontist, but only a few thousand dollars in countries like Thailand.
The cost as well as the bonus holiday attracts thousands of Australian’s each year to the dental tourism industry with an estimated $150,000,000 spent.
While dental tourism may seem like a great way to save money initially, there are a lot of risks that come with it.
Let’s dive deeper…
The Risks of Overseas Dental Work
There are many risks associated with dental tourism, the most common being:
- The dental work may not be up to Australian standards – Australia is ranked in the top 10 countries with the highest medical standards. Overseas dentists may not be working to the same standards or use the same quality of materials.
- You may not be able to speak with your dental professional fluently presenting a language barrier which can lead to frustration or the potential for things to go wrong
- You may have difficulty getting dental work in the future done if something goes wrong. And more than likely if something does go wrong in the future you will need to get it fixed in Australia.
- You may not have insurance support overseas, if anything goes wrong, your cheap dental work has now turned into a very expensive trip.
- You will not be able to access the same level of aftercare and follow up as you would in Australia. You need to ask yourself whether this is something you would be ok with
Well now that we have given you the bad news, I’m sure you’re thinking, great, so now what?
If you’re looking for safe dental care that won’t break the bank and is performed by qualified Australian dentists, then we are the solution.
How you ask?
Our mission at Value Dental Centres is delivering the same quality care that patients receive at their local dentist, but at significantly reduced prices.
Our hope is that by providing this level of care at these prices in Australia, we will reduce our reliance on dental tourism, leading to more patients having this treatment with more convenience, more confidence, and less risk that when going overseas.
We use only the best quality TGA approved materials and all our crowns/bridges/veneers are made in Australian dental laboratories.
We have examined every step in these major dental procedures to find efficiencies. By limiting ourselves to only three procedures, we have been able to find efficiencies and streamline our processes.
Because of the high volume of work we do, we have also been able to successfully negotiate with dental supply companies and Australian dental laboratories to bring down the cost of our equipment and materials.
Our purchasing power means great savings which we pass on to our patients.
So don’t go overseas when you can get overseas prices right here in Australia without the headache!
Sound too good to be true?
Don’t take our word for it, we have over 190 5 star google reviews! Just google “Value Dental Centres Brisbane” or “Value Dental Centres Helensvale” to read all of our glowing reviews!
If you are ready to stop putting off your smile makeover then click here to book your FREE consultation today!